Picture this: 20 years from now only 3 out of every 100 people you know will be satisfied. The rest will have failed to do what they wanted with their life.
Will you be one of the 3?
Are you boldly moving towards the things you want in life? Or, are you avoiding what you really want to do with your life because you are paralyzed by fear?
Our culture has ingrained in us an instinct to seek permission before we try. To seek approval from others before we admit what we really want. This is tragic.
We all want for someone to grab us by the hand and tell us that we are great and that “we can do it”.
But the people who make a difference with their life do not wait around to be picked. They choose to begin in spite of the fact that no one has given them permission. This is why they get what they want out of life.
Living boldly and passionately like this is what makes those who don’t wait to be “picked” so attractive.
Seth Godin said it this way:
“The opportunity of a lifetime is to pick yourself… Quit waiting for someone to say you are officially qualified and pick yourself. It means you stand up and say, I have something to say. I know how to do something. I’m doing it.”
Why not be a trendsetter and difference-maker? We need more of them!
Be one of the one’s “crazy enough to think you can change the world”, because these are the only ones who ever do.
The Waging War on Normal Blog will be updated regularly with content and free resources to help you:
- Quit Waiting to be Picked and Pick Yourself
- Stand Up, Be Bold, and Get Started. Now.
- Fight the Resistance
- Realize That You Already Have All of the Tools You Need
- Know That By Being Born, You Were “Picked”
Blog posts will cover the topics of personal development, entrepreneurship, and making a difference with your life. You will find actionable information to help you fight to live the life you were meant to live.
Waging War on Normal is not about theory, but ACTION.
Here are 5 things you should do this weekend to begin picking yourself:
- Spend 20-30 minutes with nothing but a notepad and your mind. No distractions. Just listen to what’s in your heart and your mind and take notes
- Write down 3 things you would want to do if you could not fail
- Write down 3 things in your life that you need to QUIT doing so that you can reach your goals
- Decide on the first 3 actions that you will take to start Waging Your Own War
- Comment below or on facebook and share your thoughts with the rest of us
Remember, no one is coming to grab your hand and pull you along towards a meaningful life. Just pick yourself and get started. Correct course along the way.